Trackmania never really left. It’s been sitting quietly in its own niche for years, with the last release – Trackmania 2: Lagoon – arriving as recently as 2017. But Nadeo have opted to return to a simpler time, before all the Canyons and Stadiums and Turbo spin-offs mixed in wildly different handling models and track gimmicks. In the announcement post, Nadeo managing director Florent Castelnerac wrote that the team basically decided to redo a lot of Trackmania after watching videos from our community.
Trackmania has, indeed, always been community-driven. A vessel for players to build their own tracks, servers, leagues and such. Despite this, Nadeo have noticed that numbers drop off sharply after release as players rush through the campaign and then stop playing. There’s a need to step in and provide more official incentive to jump in. To that end, Trackmania is going seasonal in 2020.
- OS: Windows Vista or Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- Processor: Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2 GHz or better
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Video card must be 512 MB or more and should be a DirectX 10 – compatible or DirectX 11 – compatible
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 5 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers